August 7, 2009

Peaches

After 20 hours of labor and only progressing to a 5, we made the decision to do a C section. At 1:33 am, Kaiya Chloe Lambert was born- 6 lbs 5 oz and 19.5" long. She is happy and healthy. Despite some discomfort, Aprille is doing well. A special shout out to Tutu who was originally planning on coming out on the 27th, but jumped a plane and came just in time to see Kaiya make her grand entrance.

The kids are so excited about their new little sister. They brought mommy flowers and a balloon and we're so happy to finally meet and hold their sister. Koebe said we should call her "peaches" because she was so round, soft and fuzzy.

Well, pictures are worth a thousand words so judge for yourself if "peaches" is fitting or not!







9 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations!! she is adorable! and i can't believe how big she is at four weeks early! hope aprille recovers okay, and have fun getting used to being a family of 5! :)

Heather said...

Peaches it is!!! (or maybe judging from the delivery picture too it should be peaches and cream :) - sorry I couldn't resist) She is darling! Congratulations to you all! Thank you for sharing the news with us!

Betsy said...

She is super cute! And she looks very healthy, I can't believe she's 4 weeks early!

abby or mama said...

I can't believe you have 3 kids! ape-you've come a long way baby, actually you're exactly the same but you're in charge of 3 little kiddies, that's why you are the awesome-est, Kaiya is beautiful, you are so blessed! keep on keepin on lovies-

Brie said...

holla...i hear you guys,.so cute can't wati to squeeze her juicy buns.

Vicki said...

Congratulations you guys! It's been a while. I quit on the blogging thing..and reading everyone elses...good thing you emailed...I had no idea you guys were even expecting! LOL. Kaiya is beautiful and you all look great!

Annalisa said...

we just got back from vacation! this was a great post. congrats!! really cute!!!

Glenda said...

I think Peaches is adorable. It doesn't hurt that (as a child) I had a doll named Peaches, who would fit in your family perfectly! How did Mattel know?!

Congratulations on her safe arrival on the coolest day of the year!(It's my birthday too!) I will now annoyingly love your family forever!

Cyndi and Alyssa said...

Woowhoo!!!! I am so excited for you all! Love Peaches! :