February 22, 2009

Tapas, Paella and a Bun

This past week work took me back to Spain for another week of new and enticing gastronomical experiences. Going to Europe for work is a bonus, but the opportunity to try out the local foods is the icing on the cake! So, whilst in Spain, I ate as the Spaniards do and enjoyed every minute of it. However, there is one thing drastically different about eating in Spain versus the States- it would be the hour at which dinner is eaten. Restaurants don't "open" till 9 pm. Yah. Needless to say after working for 10 hours, waiting another 3 to eat wasn't a highlight of the trip, but again, it's what one must be willing to sacrifice in the name of good food.

One word: tapas. Yes, they are fun and delicious small plates of appetizers. I frequented several tapas bars and enjoyed every bite. Barcelona is on the Mediterranean
so the seafood is great. The city is really beautiful and I would come back again in a heartbeat.

Now for the bun. While I didn't eat any in Barcelona, we have had one in the oven for about 12 weeks now and it should be done sometime in early September (end of August if we pray really hard!). Aprille has been more nauseated this time around (she wasn't at all with the first two) so it is taking a little more out of her, but hopefully with the end of her first trimester, she will be over that soon (please!). Are the kids excited? Um, yes.

Koebe has been writing letters to the baby almost everyday (not like the one he wrote me down below) and talking to "him." He has already named him Kode- with that exact spelling. He was given an assignmnet at school on their 100 day celebration of what he would do with 100 bucks. He wrote he would buy the baby spider-man diapers, a spider-man crib, spider-man pacificer and bedding. He may have to have grief counseling if it turns out we're having a girl.

Kalee on the other hand has not indicated whether or not she wants a sister over a brother, but she has affectionately named the baby "Glodey". There is no misspelling. We have no idea where she finds her inspiration. She named her fish "She-sure", so I guess we're not all that surprised. Anyway, we're pregnant! Bring it on!

7 comments:

Cyndi and Alyssa said...

I am so excited for the new baby! It is not fair you get to go to all these cool places without US!!!!

Julie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! It couldn't happen to nicer people, whether it is pink or blue really doesn't matter.

Kari said...

WAHOOOO!! Trevor - your blog looks awesome! I don't know many guys that would keep it updated so well!!! Congrats on the baby! We love you and so excited for you....please let me know if you are gone and Aprille needs any help...you know she won't ask for it!

Annalisa said...

Congrats! Hope Ape starts feeling better...Sept is a good month...my b-day is in early Sept.

Scarlet said...

I am excited for you! I have to say I know how you feel because I am due the 23rd of Sep and I literally want to kill myself this time around! We are excited-18 months apart from Aspen but this pregnancy is ALOT ruffer!
And I am SO jealous that you got to go to spain! Tell me WHYEEEEE

Just one tall girl named Laurel said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whether it's a Kode or a Glodey, we are super excited for you!!!

Christine said...

Congratulations to you all!!! How fun! Hope Aprille starts feeling better soon. Thanks for keeping up on the blog so that those of us who are far away can keep up on your lives! Miss you guys!