Ok, so I know this is late, but I had to post about my Father's Day weekend. Weekend, you ask? Yes, I finally got a Father's Day weekend. I learned from my wife to milk these special days for all they are worth and the best way to do that is to call them "weekends" instead of "days". It works to my advantage too, now!
So, while many of my friends and I have sent our wives out on "girls nights" and "scrapbook nights" etc, we have yet to do anything like that. So the idea was born that we would have a movie night. With so many great summer flicks coming out, we decided to watch the best ones- all in one sitting!
So, we starting at 3:30 and headed to the theater and started off with Iron Man. Much better than I expected! Then we walked to Culver's for a grease break, downed some grub and headed back to catch Indiana Jones. Lame ending! But it was still good for the nostalgia! Movie ends, head to Culvers for round 2!
Head back to the last movie of the night, The Incredible Hulk for the 9:50 showing. Pretty decent, except I have a hard time buying into the idea that a 4'11" British man is the villian in this movie- plausible but not believable. Anyway, 12:30-ish rolls around and we head home. I can now say that I have watched three movies in one day at the theaters! Would I do it again? Hmmm....maybe. We'll have to wait till my next "weekend"!
So, while many of my friends and I have sent our wives out on "girls nights" and "scrapbook nights" etc, we have yet to do anything like that. So the idea was born that we would have a movie night. With so many great summer flicks coming out, we decided to watch the best ones- all in one sitting!
So, we starting at 3:30 and headed to the theater and started off with Iron Man. Much better than I expected! Then we walked to Culver's for a grease break, downed some grub and headed back to catch Indiana Jones. Lame ending! But it was still good for the nostalgia! Movie ends, head to Culvers for round 2!
Head back to the last movie of the night, The Incredible Hulk for the 9:50 showing. Pretty decent, except I have a hard time buying into the idea that a 4'11" British man is the villian in this movie- plausible but not believable. Anyway, 12:30-ish rolls around and we head home. I can now say that I have watched three movies in one day at the theaters! Would I do it again? Hmmm....maybe. We'll have to wait till my next "weekend"!
5 comments:
lol. aprille is good to let you go. i'm sure it was lots of fun considering your travel schedules. hope all is well with the family. smiles!
I don't know if my rear could handle 3 movies in a row, but definitely Culver's 2x in a row is very doable!
I'm so glad that you guys were able to have a guys night out, Dave had a great time. I am sure that you don't have to have a special holiday to get one though- just plan it and you know us wives will be glad to let you have your own time away.
trevor you are so wild...3 movies in a day...glad that you enjoyed them all.
You guys are dorks...
:)
way to "go wild" with the guuys
:)
Post a Comment