March 14, 2009

Somewhere, Out There

Somewhere, in the Great Northwest, my wife, my friend, my partner in life.....the mother of my children- is on active duty leave. I'd like her back. Soon. I miss her and need her. Did I mention she is the mother of my children? As in the two children who have been with me all week...alone? Did I mention one of those children is Kalee??? I love my daughter. I do. I know I will look back on all of this and laugh. But, today in the car as she was not listening to my repeated requests, she sensed my frustration and told me, "Fine, Dad. You stay home and Koebe and I will drive the car."
The kids are't that bad. But, being able to let Aprille go and be with her mom this week is worth it. I know she'd do the same for me! On another note, do you want to know what the worst feeling is? When you have been running around all day and completely beat, and you use the last energy you have to get the kids in pajamas, brush their teeth and read them books and then you realize......their sheets are still in the dryer. NOOOO!!! Ok. Mayber there are worse things, but that's gotta be in the top ten right? Anyway, honey, if you're reading this....hurry home!

2 comments:

Brie said...

I"ve done the dryer thing, even though we don't have kids, it has to be one of the most depressing things at midnight and you're so dang tired...

Cyndi and Alyssa said...

HA! I hate that! So happens all the time! Glad your solo days are over till we take ours "girls only" vacation!