Yes. The pasty white guy in the background is me. And yes, that is Senator Edwards and Senator Thompson. I met them. No big deal. Happens all the time. Kidding. I gave them a tour with our PR Directorr of our booth at a recent show in Vegas where my company was exhibiting. These are the second set of political figures I have met at this event. Last year, we had President Bush (the elder) and President Clinton (gag reflex) stop in as well (sorry no pix- the secret service is REALLY anal about that kind of stuff). Anyway, Thompson was polite and Edwards feigned interest. All and all, it wasn't the highlight of my life, or even week for that matter, but it was interesting enough to post in this blog! By the way, Edwards- serioulsly, the boy has to have a tanning bed at his house or on his plane, because nobody is that tan naturally without having to put in a little fake n bake time. Anyway, while I do abhor Vegas and all that it stands for, it is good for one thing- some pretty tasty restuarants. A shout out to my friends over at the Wynn- got to love the restaurants there. And, if you ever want to pay a lot for a really good burger, go to Burger Bar (I think) at the Mandalay Bay. Supposedly that is one of the only places the "locals" like to go on the Strip, aka Las Vegas Boulevard, the Street of Broken Dreams. They have excellent Kobe beef burgers, zucchini fries and onion rings. The shakes are alright, but not a little on the runny side- how is it suppose to stick to your ribs if it's not thick??? Anyway, that's all I got- how'd ya like that?
2 comments:
Remind me when you update your blog...my heart goes out to you...someday it will be your turn!I can't believe you even have a blogg with all you have to do...You are a terrific guy to support your wife in coming and surprising me...It was one to be remembered!...and your mom, Sally, is an absolute angel of mercy to make it all happen...loved the pics...thanks for taking such good care of Ape...
lol, lol. hillarious.
Post a Comment