I am sitting in an airport in Orlando and was unable to get on standby for the earlier flight and thought- heck! I haven't updated this sucker in a while, now's a good a time as any, right? Well, this has been my life as of late. In and out of airports. Maybe I'm not the full on crazy road warrior that you read about in the American Airlines magazines, but for now, (and my family would agree) I am hitting the road alot. Earlier this week I was in New Jersey. In about two weeks, I'll be heading on another trip to Barcelona.
Fortunately, some of these trips I do get upgraded (score!). On one trip, I had arrived at the airport unusually earlier than I normally do (the norm is about 50 minutes before take off) and noticed the security line was long as I headed toward check in. While checking in at the first class counter, I happened to mention the line to the ticketing agent. She responded, "Really? Ok, follow me." What? What was this? What was going on? She literally walked me back 30-50 yards to the security line, went to the front, whispered into the security gaurd's ear, and viola! Skip to the front of the line! In telling her that is was not necessary, she replied, "No, that's ok. We like to take care of our first class passengers." So that's how the other half lives!
Earlier this month I was out in Vegas (I loathe the place) for about a week. Aprille shared with me a cute/sad story that illustrates the fact that maybe I had been gone to long that particular week. The kids were playing house togheter and Kalee was the baby and Koebe was the daddy, using little dolls to act out the conversation. Kalee, in her baby voice, "Daddy, come play with me." Koebe, pretending to be me, "No, I can't, I'm in Las Vegas!". Yikes. Needless to say, a little quality time with the family on a weekend trip down to Houston after I came back was just what we needed.
Well, that is it for now. Hopefully between work, school, traveling, family and church, I'll squeeze another post in before the semester ends!
3 comments:
Glad for the update. Hugs to the kiddos!--Anna Geoff Linc & Hari
Glad to get an updat from you. I think I talk to Aprill every other day, but haven't seen you in while. Hope all the traveling goes well and you get to stay home for a while after Barcelona!
Hey Trevor and Aprille ~ I just got your Christmas letter today (2/7/08)but not to worry, it's because we've had 2 moves since September, and will have another sometime in the next 6 months. Crazy!! Guess what's even "crazier"...We're expecting a girl in June! #5! and defintely the end of the line. Whodathunk we could actually produce female offspring. Anyway - email me @ heathercarlson617@gmail.com and I'll invite you to our blog. Blogging (I just started ours a few weeks ago) is a cool way to keep in touch. Love and miss ya ~ Heather Carlson
Post a Comment